First, let us extend a huge thanks to you all for your continued support and as always, a big welcome to those new members who have recently joined us!
October is notoriously a quieter month for CCR as the turf season comes to a close and we start to see the ramp up of the all-weather, and this month has been no different. This month we also had to contend with a bug that went through the yard and impacted many of our horses. During this time Robyn and the team felt it most appropriate to keep all horses away from the track, which will mean for many runners in November, December and January! Our horses' health always comes at Cross Channel Racing. And so despite a quieter month, we still wanted to focus this edition on the following key highlights:
Monthly Overview – Co-Owner, Matt Seedel
Howzak’s 3 wins in 7 days!
Welcome to our new Sports Members
1. Monthly Overview - Co-Owner, Matt Seedel “A quieter month for Cross Channel during October but yet again we got to visit the winner’s enclosure. Last month we unleashed Howzak, who has been named and co-owned by England cricketer Zak Crawley. This horse has done nothing but impress us and has to be one of the stars of the entire year. On the 28th we headed to Chelmsford where we had elected to drop Howzak down to 5f, after a promising reappearance over 6f. And what happened next blew us all away! He was electric from the stalls and was not for stopping, winning the race by 3 lengths in the end. And our Racing Analyst tells me that he also clocked the 13th fastest time recorded over 5f at Chelmsford… serious stuff! Away from the racing it was great to see so many new and existing members join us at Danebury for our monthly event. We look forward to these throughout the month as it’s a great opportunity to showcase what Cross Channel Racing is all about! For this event the rain stayed away and we all got to enjoy being on the gallops watching the horses work, with plenty of food and drink in the marquee to go around! I want to take this opportunity to thank you all for the support you’ve given us, not just over the last month, but since we commenced last year. With 17 winners for the year so far (and we are not done yet!) it’s been a fantastic 2021 and I am certainly looking forward at what’s to come next year. We have some fantastic horses waiting to be unleashed on the track.. It's truly an exciting time to be part of Cross Channel Racing and I am proud of what we’ve managed in just 18 months!
2. Howzak's 3 Wins in 7 Days! We certainly couldn’t go this month without mentioning CCR’s new rocket, Howzak. The progress this horse has shown has been truly remarkable, culminating in 3 wins in 7 days! Some horses and owners never get to win a race, so to grab 3 in such quick succession is testament to the entire team at Danebury. His 3 wins led to some pretty exuberant celebrations at both Chelmsford (x2) & Lingfield, and we must of course mention England Cricketer Zak Crawley who heads out for The Ashes on the back of his horse winning 3 times!
3. Welcome To Our New Sports Members!
We wanted to give a special mention and thanks to those new sports members who have joined us in the last month. Welsh Rugby legend Jonathan Davies has recently joined us and has also named one our yearlings Jiffy Boy! Jiffy Boy is a powerful looking son of Mondialiste and is a Grandad to the mighty Galileo… we thinking Jonathan has chosen a good one! This month we also welcomed Dion Dublin to our list of members. Dion had a distinguished playing career at England & Manchester United and more recently will be known for his appearances on TV as a pundit and also “Homes Under The Hammer”. Another final mention to former England & Bath Rugby player Victor Ubogu who has joined us at CCR by naming one of our yearlings, Dadovic. Victor is now the owner of VU Ltd, a leading provider of high-end corporate hospitality, premium tickets & travel to sporting and music events worldwide. CCR members will have the opportunity to attend some of these events during 2022.. so watch this space! We are delighted to welcome them all to Cross Channel Racing.
4. Yearlings Opportunity As many of you will have seen, Cross Channel Racing has been very busy at this year’s yearling sales and as a result we have 12 new additions to the stable! Buying into a yearling can be really exciting, getting to see them grow into a gorgeous racehorse. Watching them progress and getting them to the racecourse is an amazing experience as you unearth all sorts of talent along the way. Some of you may already know that one of our youngsters, Blue Collar Lad, won on his racecourse debut at Bath and recently finished 2nd at Glorious Goodwood at 66/1. It was a fantastic training performance from everyone at Danebury Stables and was a huge thrill for all of his owners! Those owners are now in a position where Blue Collar Lad is worth a considerable amount more than what we paid for the horse! He has been a huge success story for CCR when we only acquired a small crop of yearlings last year... this year we have 12! If you want to meet each of our promising yearlings, head to www.crosschannelracing.com/yearlings where you will get to see each horse, along with their respective pedigrees. What do the yearlings cost? You pay one upfront payment (which you can elect to split monthly between now and June 2022) which covers:
The cost of the share
And all training fees until July 2022.
This means if you pay now, you pay nothing more until July 2022! We are offering the following packages:
1 horse - £1,100 (5% share)
2 horses - £2,075 (5% share in each)
3 horses - £3,050 (5% share in each)
4 horses - £4,000 (5% share in each)
8 horses - £7,600 (5% share in each)
12 horses - £10,800 (5% share in each)
Of course you are able to take a lower/higher % share in any of those options if you wanted to. What can I expect as a Yearling Owner? At Cross Channel Racing we are passionate about providing a fun experience for all of our owners. As an owner in any of our horses you can expect:
Complimentary Owners & Trainers tickets whenever your horse runs
The opportunity to visit Danebury Stables to see your horse in the stable or on the gallops whenever you wish
Access to our Members App which gives owners:
Information on all entries and declaration of CCR horses
Pre-Race analysis from our Racing Analyst as to your horses chances
Post-Race analysis again from our Racing Analyst but also the trainer & jockey
Regular VIP event invitations, including Open Mornings, Danebury Wines & Sporting Events
5. Upcoming Events We also want to make sure you are all aware of our upcoming events, so get your diaries out!